If you want to just dip a toe in before getting fully immersed, or if you have limited funds, then our Orvis 101 Introduction to Fly Fishing Class is perfect for you.
Now’s your chance to learn fly fishing basics in one of our free fly fishing 101 classes that covers fly fishing basics such as “reading the river,” fish behavior, ethics and etiquette, equipment, rigging your rod, and a brief casting demo to give you a taste of fly fishing.
In this 75-minute class, you will learn the answers to these questions:
- What is fly fishing and how is it different from other approaches to fishing?
- What is entomology (bug stuff) and why is it important to know?
- Which knots are important to know for fly fishing?
- How are fly rods “rigged” and why?
- What is unique about casting a fly rod – and why is it so beautiful?
- What are the basic equipment needs for getting started in fly fishing equipment?