by Jon Easdon (with an assist from Vince Puzick)
“The diversity in angling subject matter and topics to discuss is really cool. No two subjects are the same.” To say that our Director of Services, Jon Easdon, is excited about this Saturday’s Colorado Springs Fly Fishing Hootenanny is an understatement!
“With a full day of speakers, customers are going to have the chance to greatly elevate their game in all fly fishing disciplines. We have an amazing lineup of some of the brightest fly tiers in the game. This is a must attend event for every fly fisher.” Here is the schedule of speakers, topics, and fly tiers for the Hootenanny.
In addition to the mega sale, and with David Leinweber having his hourly giveaways starting at 9:25, manufacturers will have special deals throughout the day, too. And the forecast looks great with Saturday’s high temperature to be around 60 degrees. Perfect weather to step out to the casting pond to try out some of the latest and greatest rods from Orvis, Sage, Redington, Winston, and TFO.
Inside at our tying table, we will have an impressive group of fly tiers spinning up some bugs:
- Juan Ramirez: 9:30-10:30 am
- Steve Maldonado: 10:30-1:130 am
- Tyler Boroff: 11:30-12:30 am
- Matt McCannell: 1:00-2:00 pm
In our presentation tent, we have a great lineup of speakers this year. It’s a comprehensive mix of all of the types of fly fishing we do here in Colorado. The first presentation will start at 9:30 am with each presentation running around 50 minutes.
- 9:30. Matt McCannel from RIGS Fly Shop from the Montrose/Ridgway area on the western slope will be doing a seminar titled, “Tailwaters, from top to bottom.” This will focus on all of the opportunities tailwaters offer: nymphing, streamers, and dry flies.
- 10:30. Matt Galvez from our friends over at Willowfly Anglers in Almont, Colorado. Matt will be presenting on the many opportunities in the Gunnison area. Everything from alpine lakes and small streams, to the major rivers in the area.
- 11:30. Jon Easdon of Angler’s Covey will be talking on stillwater kayak fly fishing. He will be covering everything from locations, to technique,s and patterns. Learn one of the biggest up-and-coming disciplines of fly fishing and take your stillwater game to a new level!
- 1:00 pm. Alec Gerbec from Umpqua will be presenting on Euro nymphing and cover rigging, tactics, and techniques.
- 2:00 pm. David Lienweber, the Angler’s Covey owner, will talk about the launch of our new Angler’s Covey Ambassador Program. We encourage folks to sit in on this presentation to hear some new and interesting ways to be part of the Angler’s Covey community. Some really cool stuff!
There is absolutely something for everyone at The Hootenanny. The folks that we invite to the Hootenanny are positive influences in the fly fishing community and share the same values we do as a shop and as anglers. Most importantly, they have a passion to help people, which is what this is all about! From beginner anglers to seasoned vets, all of our speakers will have a ton of intel for the attendees.
When: March 7
Time: 9:00 to 3:00 (but arrive early for the doorbuster prizes handed out to the first 100!)
Where: Angler’s Covey. 295 S. 21st. Colorado Springs, CO 80904