Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping you and our employees safe and continuing to enjoy the outdoors. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way as we have focused on making fact-based decisions. With that in mind, we have made adjustments to our work and operations to do our part to help prevent the spread of the virus, and these current actions are noted below. These could potentially change as we continue to closely monitor the situation and guidance from officials.
The good news is that for those of us who love outdoor adventures such as fly fishing, that time spent on the water goes along with recommendations of “social distancing” and avoiding large gatherings, most of which happen indoors. It also helps calm the nerves and relieve some of the stress and concern that dealing with this health crisis brings.
We encourage you to get out and breathe the fresh air and find comfort at the water’s edge, and join us in choosing adventure over fear.
To better serve you and keep our community safe, Angler’s Covey is taking the following measures :
Retail Shopping: In-store, By Phone, Online
• We are open our regular hours, 9-6 every day
• Staff are directed to stay home if they show any signs of any illness
• We ask that customers show the same caution and don’t come in if you are not feeling 100% well
• We are sanitizing registers, countertops, doorknobs, and bathrooms religiously throughout the day
• Our staff are washing their hands between customers
• Customers who wish to purchase gear but prefer not to come into the shop have some options:
- Phone in your order. Our staff can take your order and process payments by phone. The number is (719)471-2984.
- You can come to the shop for pick-up and a staff member will deliver to your car, or
- We can ship it to your address and waive local shipping fees
- Shop our Online Store. We now even have some fly selections available online!
- Shipping fees will be waived for the short-term, with some exceptions, such as international or expedited orders.
Guided Trips and Classes
- For the month of March, we ask guide clients to provide their own lunch and drinks to avoid any potential contamination through food preparation, and the price will be reduced accordingly.
- On full-day trips already booked, clients will receive a $15 refund for this change.
- Extra steps will be taken to sanitize gear used by clients on guided trips following each trip.
- Classes are suspended for the month of March and will be reevaluated for April.
- We will be flexible for customers that may want to reschedule or cancel a guide trip due to virus concerns.
As a small family business, we value each and every one of you and appreciate your friendship and patronage. We are all members of the greater community and want to keep one another safe, healthy, and enjoying the adventures of life. If we can assist in any way other than those mentioned here, please let us know.
David, Becky, Rachel, Jon and the entire Covey Crew